Thursday, October 12, 2006

Me and my Broken Ankle




Had you ever broken your ankle? Well, me yes; It was Thursday October, 12, 2006, I was at school during recess playing soccer when I fell down I felt very bad and my left ankle hurt me a lot, immediately went to the nurse room. When I arrived she putted me some ice, and she putted me a tobiilera and gave me a crutch. When she finished I went to my class and I catch up the work that I had missed because of this horrible incident. When school finished my mother picked me up at school and she took me to the hospital. There Dr. Antonio Haidar looked my left ankle he touched it and he noticed that I had a broken ankle. Then he told me that they were going to put me a cast next morning at 9:30 A.M and I will have it for 2 weeks. That day I passed a very bad time it was very fastidious, It was very difficult to walk, and to take a shower. The most horrible part of all was that I was going to miss many soccer practices. Oh, what a bad experience.
Next morning I was at school and when the clock was at 9:00 my mom came to my school to pick me up; as you can remember they were going to put me the cast at 9:30 A.M and this time was reaching. When I got to the hospital the doctor wasn't there so I had to wait for him several minutes until he arrived. First I thought that putting you a cast will hurt a lot and will take like a 1hr but it didn't it didn’t hurt and it took like 15 minutes. When my ankle was ready my mom took me to the school. At school it was very difficult to go up the stairs, they were a lot of stairs! At school many person singed my cast and when the bell rang at 2:30, I went to my house.

During those 2 weeks everything was as they should. Everyone brought me the stuff that I needed and paid a lot of attention to me (this was a very good thing). When the 2 weeks passed I went to some physiotherapy; and when my ankle was ready, I continued my normal life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Juan D said...

Hi Sebas,I am so sorry about your ankle.I wish you get better soon so you can play soccer.I remembered when you broke it and that was a tremendous fall.Please stay in your hose resting so you can get better soon.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your ankle. It remembers me when it happend to me. The worst part was that I could not do the things by my self. Fortunally the time pass quickly. I hope you get better as soon as possible. I liked your post, it was interesting.

Great work!!!!!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Stefano P. said...

Sebastian,
I had notice that our soccer team is not very good with out you as goalkeeper.Nice post!!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Pau I said...

Hi Sebastian! I hope you get better soon of your ankle because I know that breaking an ankle or an arm or any bone of the body hurts a lot. Good job!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sorry about your ankle it’s never happened to me before. I like your post it’s interesting. It’s also well written I like how you started from the beginning and told how you broke your ankle. I think this post is great and it is detailed, I like that. My favorite part of this post is how you said that people paid lots of attention to you , got you every thing you wanted and after that two weeks you went back to your normal life I found that neat.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home